How Do I Get Rid of My Kid’s Lice?
Most parents have had to deal with a lice infestation at home and on their children’s heads. Lice can be frustrating, but you can have it completely eradicated from your home in a couple of weeks if you do the right thing. There are a few methods you can use so you and your kids can be stress- and lice-free again.
Do It Yourself
Even though removing your children’s lice will save you some money, his process will take longer, and you have to make sure you’re doing it correctly.
What It Costs
You’ll pay for the treatments and combs, which varies. Bug Adieu offers a home treatment and prevention kit for $50, and a Do-It-Yourself treatment for $68, which includes detailed guidance from our experts.
Steps to Remove Lice
- Check and confirm that it is lice. Not all cases of itching or dandruff are lice, and you want to avoid using lice treatments unnecessarily.
- Tip: get the hair wet to see nits better.
- Wash the hair before — you need clean hair to do the treatment.
- Use treatment as specified. Note: Prescription treatments can have side effects!
- Use a special fine-toothed comb to remove nits and lice 8-12 hours after the treatment — not right away.
- Repeat the treatment — most treatments indicate that it needs to be repeated a few times.
- Avoid using regular shampoo for several days.
- Continue checking the hair for nits and lice over the next 2-3 weeks.
- Soak combs and brushes in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash all home items such as linen, clothes, and even stuffed animals. Vacuum the carpets and rugs.
- Keep your kids at home to avoid the spreading of lice.
- Notify everyone who’s been in contact with your child — family, school, or daycare.
Use A Service
Lice removal services are also an option to get rid of your kids’ lice. Professionals will come straight to your door; they will put the treatment on your child, and make sure all the lice and nits are gone. This is not only more convenient and time-saving, but it ensures that everything is done correctly, and the infestation is completely gone.
Bug Adieu makes sure not only to treat your family but also educate them. We come to your home and take care of any family members that need treatment, offering 365 days of service a year, with evening and weekend appointments available. We also make sure all our products are safe, even for babies and pregnant/nursing mothers.
What It Costs